Training for the hospitality sector
This training is designed for both chefs and front of house staff.
For Chef training we work with staff to:
- Learn how cheese is made and how to assess the best quality cheese
- Learn about different cheese types and styles and review a range of Irish, UK and Continental Cheeses
- Key differences between raw milk and pasteurised milk cheese
- Differences between vegetarian and animal rennet
- Learn how to taste cheese and assess its qualities
- Develop an understanding of the range of cheese available and their typical properties and use in the hospitality sector
- Develop some ideas on the developing your cheese board and how to make it stand out from the crowd.
Training for front of house staff
We can train your key staff so that they will be able to sell your cheese selections for you, whether this is on the starter menu, or the cheese board selection at the end of the meal.
At the end of this training your staff will be able to speak knowledgably about
- Cow’s, Goats and Sheep’s milk cheese
- Fresh and Soft Cheese
- Bloomy Rind Cheese, Rind washed cheeses and Blue Cheeses
- Aged hard cheeses.
Staff will be able to speak knowledgably about your selection and most importantly will have the skills to train new staff who come on board.
Contact us to discuss your own specific training needs and we can help you design a programme to meet your needs.
Training In House or at Knockdrinna
We can organise to come and do the training directly with your staff, or you can come and do the training here with us at Knockdrinna.
Training at Knockdrinna
If you come and do the training with us, you have the added bonus of being able to add the hands on experience of making some cheese that you can bring back with you
Get and touch and we can discuss your specific needs and design a programme especially for your staff.